Cygnet Health Care is a leading healthcare and social care services provider for young adults with mental health needs and learning disabilities within hospital, care home and supported living facilities.
Highly Tailored Consultancy Services
Our relationship with Cygnet commenced in January 2018 on a much smaller portfolio than the circa 140 premises that we work across today and we have evolved with our client as they have grown. Our service provision from the start needed to be highly tailored to the specific risks presented by the varied and complex nature of the different premises and indeed through a deep understanding of highly specific “people” risks. Our dedicated Account Director and Sector Specialists/ Consultants deliver the following core services:
- Bespoke H&S risk assessments
- Infection control audits
- Fire risk assessments
- Legionella risk assessments, Logbooks, Schematics
- Asbestos surveys (Management and R&D surveys)
- Training services
- Accident reporting and investigation
- Enforcement visit attendance
- Online report and action management
- Attendance of HS committee meetings
- Production of performance statistics for the Cygnet Board
Client feedback has verified the following key achievements which demonstrate continuous improvement in performance, efficiencies and risk mitigation:
- A standardised corporate approach: ensuring the group effectively manages all health & safety, fire safety, water safety and asbestos safety risks in a controlled and consistent manner
- New health & safety management system: roll out of just one system which enables practical and effective risk management with measurable compliance achievement
- An effective audit programme: based on risk profiling regarding issues and sites that can be prioritised
- Legionella monitoring arrangements: site specific written schemes and water management systems that provide effective pragmatic arrangements for controlling and monitoring water safety
- Reduction in accidents: measurable reduction in reportable accidents, recurring accidents and personal injury claims
- Raising of compliance standards: significant reductions in the number of actions identified in risk assessment reports over the years.
Our evolving journey with Cygnet has been all about understanding the complex people related risks within the confines of the facilities provided and working collaboratively to present optimised best practice solutions to improve awareness, understanding, standards and compliance levels, to reduce risk and keep everyone safe. This has involved frequent meetings, engaging at all levels, producing meaningful management information reporting and providing pragmatic advice at all times in a committed and supportive manner. Our aim is to continue to deliver high quality services that exceed our client’s corporate goals and aspirations.